THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday Feature: Calabarte

You guys probably don't know this about me because I've never posted about it before, but I really like gourds. The fact that a beautiful vessel can grow on a plant, from the dirt, needing only to be dried and cured before it can be used for any number of uses, both utilitarian and decorative, has fascinated me since I first started gardening. So far I've only made simple, rustic vessels like temporary planters (they are unsealed and will eventually rot) but I hope one day to have the space and equipment to do some proper carvings.

Anyway, of all the work I've seen people do with gourds, Przemek Krawczyński is definitely my all time favorite. His attention to detail and the light play effects are astounding.

 His website








All images  © Przemek Krawczyński

No comments:

Post a Comment